Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Little About Me

My name is Alizah Rotman, I am a senior Kinesiology Major at Humboldt State University. I have taken several courses in nutrition, human anatomy, human physiology as well as well as exercise physiology, motor learning and development, and exercise testing in my pursuit to learn more about nutrition, physical fitness and the correlations between the two. I believe that people who are physically healthy are happier and contribute more to society. My goal is to help people of any fitness level, and with any background maximize personal potential through fitness. Exercise and nutrition are very important in my personal life. I was raised participating in competitive and recreational sports, and through that developed a sense of comfort in my body as well as a love of being active. At age 13, my father introduced me running, and I participated in my first half marathon in the spring of that year. I continued running cross country and track through high school and college. It changed my life and because of this the importance of physical health is not lost on me. I love sharing my knowledge of physical health with others and helping them gain confidence through wellness. Proper nutrition is is crucial in obtaining balanced wellness, and unfortuntaley many people do not know what they should be consuming to support their bodies. This blog about zinc should be helpful and informative regarding at least one mineral that is not only biologically and nutritionally significant, but highly under rated.

No comments:

Post a Comment